Jane Stevenson, the MP for Wolverhampton North East, is looking for an experienced communicator to join her team as a Senior Press Officer. Flexible working available, with the position to be based either in the Constituency or Westminster Office (dependant on candidate) and one day working at home. This is an ideal opportunity to support an active and engaged MP, where you will be involved in all areas of Jane’s work, with plenty of opportunity to contribute and work collaboratively.
The successful candidate will have excellent written skills, with a high attention to detail, and able to adapt their style across different platforms and to reach different audiences. Jane welcomes experienced candidates with enthusiasm, ideas and the drive and determination to maximise opportunities within Parliament and the constituency.
- A genuine interest in helping constituents and supporting the work of an MP
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability to communicate clearly and creatively
- Experience managing social media and producing engaging content and graphics
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload, with an eye for detail
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Draft press and social posts and support wider the communications objectives via the website, mass mailing, newsletters and social media
- Monitoring media coverage and social media channels and preparing media briefings
- Creating communication plans to accompany campaigns and events
- Producing and editing videos and other content for social media
- Establishing effective working relationships with local and national media
- Assist with research and projects
- Assist with arranging and attending events as required
- Horizon scan to identify opportunities to pursue topics of local importance and to progress priority campaigns
- Research and draft responses to constituents on policy and campaign issues
- Undertake research to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues affecting relevant interests
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
- May sometimes supervise another member of staff including coaching and mentoring
- Competitive salary within IPSA pay-scales £28,311-£45,927 (depending on location and experience)
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to apply for security clearance, undertaken by the Security Vetting and Pass Office. See Members’ Staff Security Clearance page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.