Siobhan Baillie MP is looking to recruit an experienced Parliamentary Caseworker to join her team. The position can be based in Stroud, or remote, but will include providing support to the constituency casework team.
Prior experience of working for a Member of Parliament is essential and the ideal candidate will have excellent written skills and the ability to draft clear and concise letters on a range of issues.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member’s behalf.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed securely.
- Ensuring that casework is dealt with sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Providing advice and support to constituents by liaising with Government agencies, local government departments, the voluntary sector and any other organisations necessary to resolve casework matters
- Researching local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work
- Supporting other members of the casework team
- Experience of dealing with Parliamentary casework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritize their workload
- Experience using Casework management software
Upon appointment you will be required to apply for security clearance, undertaken by the Security Vetting and Pass Office. See Members’ Staff Security Clearance page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.