Danny Kruger MP is looking to recruit a highly organised and proactive Senior Parliamentary Assistant to support his work in Westminster. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Parliamentary staffer to work independently in a role which will offer an interesting mix of duties, including managing a busy diary, preparing briefings and assisting Danny with his PPS role.
The role will also include managing Parliamentary admin – submitting questions and applying to speak in debates – and ensuring Danny’s contributions to the House are published on his website. It would suit a candidate who has some knowledge of Parliamentary processes and understands the rhythms of Westminster.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills, keen attention to detail, sound judgement and be able to work independently. They must have a good understand of how to provide proactive support to a busy MP.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Providing comprehensive administrative support to Danny, including overall management of his inbox.
- Managing Danny’s Westminster diary.
- To develop and maintain current knowledge on parliamentary business, including Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
- Prepare and present briefing notes on potential questions and motions to be put to the House.
- Parliamentary admin, including putting Danny in to speak and publishing his questions and speeches on his website.
- Assistance with Danny’s role as a PPS in the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.
This is a full-time role, based predominantly in Westminster, but happy to consider hybrid remote working to coincide with Danny’s diary.