Theo Clarke has been the Member of Parliament for Stafford since 2019. She has served as the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Kenya and is Private Parliamentary Secretary at the Department of International Trade.
Theo is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and hardworking Parliamentary Assistant to join her busy Westminster office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic person with a commitment to assisting Theo with her Parliamentary work. Knowledge of Parliamentary processes and House of Commons resources is beneficial as well as an interest in current affairs, foreign policy and issues affecting Stafford. The applicant should be a team player and prepared to take on different types of tasks when required. The applicant must also be discreet, highly organised, have good IT skills, be a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced office.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative party.
• Preparing research and briefing notes for meetings, committees and debates
• Drafting speeches for debates, interventions and parliamentary questions
• Drafting press releases, articles and social media posts
• Developing and maintaining current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including legislation, Hansard, debates etc
• Undertaking research on relevant subjects as directed
• Assisting with replying to constituents on policy issues and drafting correspondence
• Liaising with officials in relation to the MP’s Private Parliamentary Secretary role
• Assisting with Select Committee work and the MP’s involvement with All-Party Parliamentary Groups
• Working on various projects and campaigns as required