Jerome has been the Member of Parliament for Broadland since 2019. He is PPS to Rt Hon Dr Therese Coffey MP, Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, a member of the Environmental Audit Select Committee, Chair of the APPG on Sustainable Finance and Vice-Chair of the Financial Education for Young People APPG.
Jerome stands up for the people of Broadland, raising their concerns with Government, focusing on improving access to dentistry, supporting the delivery of the Norwich Western Link and challenging the connection of windfarms to the National Grid.
About the role:
This is a key role in the team and you will have a great deal of interaction with Jerome; working closely to deliver his priorities for Broadland and support his work on national matters.
• Overall management of the Member’s inbox and diary
• Overall management of staff members, including oversight of their responsibilities, appraisals and general HR
• Oversight of Parliamentary campaigns.
• Responsibility for Members’ parliamentary activity including Environmental Audit Select Committee work, research, parliamentary questions, speeches and APPGs.
• Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget and IPSA
• Take ownership of certain casework as required
• Drafting of policy responses
• Engagement with other MPs offices and key organisations, business leaders and individuals in the constituency
• Excellent written skills and a keen eye for detail are a must
• Some travel to Broadland maybe required
You will need to have at least three years Parliamentary experience, know how to read the Order Paper, access the library and House resources, understand the support that an MP needs from their team.
The ideal candidate will be looking to stay in this role for at least two years, have an interest in environmental policy and be keen to be involved in and support Jerome’s work, including establishing a Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism. The office works collectively with a positive attitude and will welcome a new team player with similar attributes. Sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.