Jeremy Wright MP is looking to recruit a proactive and experienced full-time Office Manager (maternity cover) on a one-year fixed term contract. The successful applicant can be based either in the constituency office in Kenilworth or in Westminster (some travel to the constituency will be required).
The role will involve senior stakeholder engagement, and you will work closely with Jeremy and the team to deliver his priorities for his constituents, with the chance to be involved in all aspects of Parliamentary life.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, able to supervise and motivate a team, confident in acting on their own initiative and able to prioritise a busy workload.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP.
- Manage the office team.
- Have final signoff on all relevant delegated areas from the MP.
- Deal with security matters.
- Management of the Member’s constituency diary commitments and collaboration on overall diary management.
- Lead on constituency related project work as required.
- Exposure and management of complex cases.
- Take ownership of certain casework as required.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget.
- Liaise with groups/personnel including at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the MP’s behalf as necessary.
- An understanding of the demands of an MP and the constituency office.
- Knowledge and experience of leading a team.
- Experience of dealing with employment and payroll processes.
- Flexible and pro-active team player.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Committed to staff engagement and development whilst ensuring the smooth running of the office.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Strong administrative skills, with demonstrable experience of managing a heavy workload whilst working calmly under pressure.
- Experience of keeping detailed records and maintaining administrative systems.
- Experience of dealing with personal and sensitive data.
- Good IT skills, including the use of email, the Internet and Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to manage a budget effectively. Good records management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with the ability to draft high quality written correspondence.
Upon appointment, you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.