Nickie Aiken MP (Cities of London and Westminster) is looking to recruit a Junior Parliamentary Assistant who will be focused on supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the constituents and businesses of the Cities of London and Westminster. The position will be based in the office in Ebury Street, with regular opportunities to visit Parliament.
Looking for a team member who is passionate about the difference MPs can make to the lives of their constituents, with strong initiative and someone who is keen to make their mark, make the role their own, and support the work of a busy team working on pressing local and national issues. A positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn is much more valuable than directly relevant experience. We particularly welcome applicants who are looking for practical professional experience with career ambitions within public service and will offer support with their career development.
This is a varied role, and will include:
– Supporting the constituency team with casework
– Helping to plan and arrange constituency visits and campaigns
– Assisting the Parliamentary team with diary and meeting management
– Helping with Parliamentary activity and campaigns
Key skills required:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organisational/administrative skills with good attention to detail
– Ability to work independently and within a small team
– Good general IT skills and competence with Microsoft Office packages
– Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.