Theo Clarke MP is looking to recruit a caseworker to be part of her constituency team. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Stafford.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly organised and strong communicators. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework, whilst using their own initiative to pursue matters on behalf of constituents. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public.
- A self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people.
- Clear and concise letter writing style.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering a large numbers of queries from members of the public on a wide range of local and national matters by phone, letter, email or face to face.
- Drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member’s behalf.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed securely.
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Handling the Member’s constituency diary including organising visits and responding to invitations.
- Providing advice and support to constituents by liaising with Government agencies, local government departments, the voluntary sector and any other organisations necessary to resolve casework matters.
- Organising and attending constituency surgeries.
- Assisting with office administration as needed and any other duties as may be required.
Full time role, Monday – Friday 9-6pm, on an initial 6 month contract. Hybrid working arrangements available – the successful candidates will ideally be based in the West Midlands and able to work from the constituency office in Stafford at least once or twice a week.
- Competitive salary within IPSA payscales
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.