Selaine Saxby MP is looking to recruit an experienced, part-time Chief of Staff able to operate at a senior level, to join her team, based in Westminster. The role will be 16-24 hours per week and will have overall responsibility for co-ordinating the team’s busy workload and ensure the MP is supported and assisted in Parliament.
You will work closely with Selaine to deliver her priorities for her constituents in North Devon and will be involved in all aspects of Parliamentary life.
The ideal candidate will need to be motivated, confident in acting on their own initiative, comfortable overseeing the team, able to prioritise a busy workload, and able to demonstrate good political nous. Incumbency experience and knowledge of similar constituencies would be ideal.
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for effective team performance, providing high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP and junior staff members;
- Managing team projects and workflows, with a focus on linking the work in the constituency with parliamentary duties;
- Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them;
- Plan the MPs internal communications and external stakeholder engagement and provide strategic advice on constituent matters on behalf of the MP where appropriate;
- Collate all required information from team members to present to MP, conduct parliamentary research as required;
- Have final signoff on all relevant delegated areas from the MP, for example constituent correspondence;
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours, including attending events with the MP as required;
- Meet stakeholders and visitors as required, sometimes in place of the MP;
- Liaise with APPG secretariats and charities: helping to organise meetings and events, drafting agendas, booking rooms, and supporting communication and correspondence;
If you have experience at this level, and would like any further information before submitting an application, please do get in touch with email@example.com.