Mike Wood MP is looking for an experienced candidate to join his constituency office in the Chief of Staff/Office Manager role. The successful candidate will work closely with Mike to deliver on his priorities for his constituents and will be involved in all aspects of his work, including the management of staff and the running of his constituency office.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, organised, and able to manage a busy workload with competing priorities. The successful candidate will be comfortable leading the team and able to demonstrate good political nous.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Overall management of the Member’s inbox and diary
- Overall management of staff members, including oversight of their responsibilities, appraisals, and general HR.
- Oversight of Parliamentary campaigns.
- Overall management for casework including taking ownership of certain casework as required.
- Engagement with other MPs offices and key organisations, business leaders and individuals in the constituency
- Some travel to Westminster will be required and there will be requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours, including attending events with the MP as required.
- Horizon scanning for opportunities for Mike; to visit businesses, schools, and other local organisations to further strengthen his presence.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong political antennae, judgement & feel for working effectively in the Westminster world – exceptional written, oral & digital communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully and happily in a team and at times independently.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a large and diverse workload.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines calmly and while under pressure.
- Personal initiative, commitment, and a strong, proactive work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, social media platforms and digital communications.
- Support for the values, aims and mission of Mike Wood MP, the Government & The Conservative Party.
- You will be leading a busy, vibrant team, you will need to be confident, able to act on your own initiative and will have a high level of autonomy to ensure the office continues to run successfully and the team are supported.
- You must have demonstratable leadership skills and show you can motivate and lead the team who are split between two offices.
- Competitive salary within IPSA pay scales
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.