Lord Skidelsky, a Crossbench Peer, is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant/Office Manager to help with the running of his busy House of Lords office in Westminster.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced administrator to support a senior Peer with his role in the House, as an author and Emeritus Professor of Political Economy at Warwick University.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills, keen attention to detail, able to work quickly, and to provide reliable support to Lord Skidelsky.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Diary management, including travel arrangements
- Assist with arrangements for meetings and liaising with event organisers
- Providing a range of administrative support, including photocopying, filing and record-keeping
- Typing correspondence and taking dictation
- Opening and actioning emails and post
Applicants should have excellent organisational skills and have proven experience in providing diary and administrative support to management/senior staff in business or government. Experience of working in parliament would be an advantage but not essential; the role does not involve direct parliamentary work or research.
This is a part-time role: 15 hours per week, ideally mornings. There is a possibility of a full-time appointment, which would involve working half-time for Lord Tyrie, former Chair of the House of Commons Treasury Select Committee.