Location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire
The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP is looking to recruit a Senior Caseworker to be part of his constituency team and help make a real impact for the people of Richmond. You will be responsible for managing a large caseload of complex cases and supporting the MP to ensure constituents’ concerns are heard and actioned. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a sympathetic approach to the values of the Conservative party are essential.
The ideal candidate would have previous experience working in a similar parliamentary role and can work independently, demonstrating strong leadership skills when supervising other staff members.
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework
- Managing a large caseload of complex cases
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with regulations
- Ensuring that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately
- Liaising with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector, and others to resolve constituency matters
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
- Providing general administrative support
- Working collaboratively alongside other team members, and supervising a junior caseworker
- Experience of casework, a public-facing role or working directly with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritize their workload
- Experience using Casework management software
- Competitive salary within IPSA payscales £28,311-£43,673
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Contract details: Initial fixed term contract of 6-9 months, with the possibility of a further extension. Full time, based in Northallerton preferred, but flexible working applications will also be considered by those with appropriate experience.