Graham Stuart has been the Member of Parliament for Beverley & Holderness for 17 years, and is Minister of State for Energy Security and Net Zero. Graham is committed to working hard for his constituents and ensuring they have a champion locally, and in Westminster.
Particular areas of interest are rural crime, championing “Healthy Withernsea”; rural broadband; education funding; dentistry; NHS services at Withernsea and Hornsea; Beverley to York rail; H2H Saltend and Zero Carbon Humber; devolution; Levelling Up; CADEY Campaign.
About the role:
Graham Stuart MP is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Casework Team Leader to join his team.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Leading an experienced and hard-working casework team
- Assisting with online surgeries and other meetings, and following up as appropriate
- Drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member’s behalf
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed securely
- Ensuring that casework is dealt with sensitively, confidentially and accurately
- Providing advice and support to constituents by liaising with Government agencies, local government departments, the voluntary sector and any other organisations necessary to resolve casework matters
- Developing knowledge in specialist areas and providing briefings for the MP
- Researching local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally. Flexibility with regards to hours and location available for the right candidate.
It is essential you have prior experience of working for a Member of Parliament, ideally 3+ years, and the successful candidate will have excellent written skills and the ability to draft clear and concise letters on a range of issues.
You will be able to quickly develop an understanding of the issues affecting the constituency and Graham’s campaigns, enabling you to research and respond to constituents’ concerns accordingly.
Have a flexible attitude and be able to work closely with Graham and all members of the team to communicate and share information and objectives.