Dr Dan Poulter, MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich, is looking to hire a Press Officer to join his team in Framlingham, who will be a strong communicator, have excellent written skills, with a high attention to detail, and can be flexible and creative when it comes to managing a varied workload.
The role will include producing content for the website, social media and developing effective communication and campaign strategies. It would suit a proactive candidate with a lot of drive and initiative who can hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will work closely with Dr Poulter and his team and have access to all the induction and training opportunities available to Parliamentary staff.
- Experience managing social media and producing engaging content and graphics
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload, with an eye for detail
- A positive can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and be part of the team
- Deal with issues in a confidential manner
- Competent use of IT
- Understanding of the issues affecting the Central Suffolk and North Ipswich constituency.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Managing the MP’s website, including creating content and editing graphics and videos
- Producing press releases and liaising with the media as needed
- Creating and distributing the MP’s electronic newsletter
- Assisting with constituency events & visits
- Project and campaign work as required
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, local and national stakeholders, APPGs and interest groups
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Competitive salary within IPSA pay scales £28,211-£43,673
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
It is envisaged that the role would be for approx. 25 per week, dependent on experience and salary expectations.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.