Simon Baynes MP is looking to recruit a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to join his team, based in Westminster.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, willingness to roll up their sleeves and support the team and be confident in acting on their own initiative and working independently.
The role will include drafting correspondence, researching policy on both local and national enquiries, including campaign issues and assisting with all aspects of communication. An understanding of current affairs, and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability to communicate complex policy clearly
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- Experience using Mailchimp useful, but training can be given
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Booking surgery venues and Security operative
- Booking constituency visits and meetings
- Diary appointments
- Draft responses to constituents
- Office administration
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Supporting casework, logging and actioning cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Draft press and social media posts and support wider the communications objectives via the website, mass mailing via Mailchimp, newsletters and social media
- APPG correspondence
- Assist with research and projects
- Attend parliamentary events as required
- Provide support to the Office Manager and Senior Parliamentary Assistant as required
- Horizon scan to identify opportunities to pursue topics of local importance and to progress priority campaigns
Please note: Simon will not be standing at the next election, and the seat will not exist under the proposed boundary changes.