Kemi Badenoch MP is looking to recruit a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to join her team, predominantly from Westminster, but flexibility for some remote working exists for the right candidate. This is an entry level Parliamentary position, working for Kemi in her role as MP for Saffron Walden, with excellent support for career development.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, willingness to roll up their sleeves and support the team and be confident in acting on their own initiative and working independently.
The role will include drafting correspondence, researching policy on both local and national enquiries, including campaign issues and assisting with all aspects of communication. An understanding of current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability to communicate complex policy clearly
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- The ability to work with sensitivity, discretion and with strict adherence to data protection legislation
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Draft press and social posts and support wider the communications objectives via the website, mass mailing, newsletters and social media
- Assist with research and projects
- Attend parliamentary and constituency events as required