*Closing date extended*
Dr Dan Poulter is looking to hire a Parliamentary Assistant, to join his constituency team based in Framlingham, who will be focused on supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the constituents of Central Suffolk and North Ipswich, with possibilities of career progression for the right candidate.
Dr Poulter is looking for a team member who is passionate about the difference MPs can make to the lives of their constituents, with strong initiative and someone who is proactive, keen to get stuck in and support the work of a busy team working on pressing local and national issues. A positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn is much more valuable than directly relevant experience.
The role will include drafting correspondence, researching policy on both local and national enquiries, including campaign issues, and assisting with all aspects of office admin. An understanding of current affairs, and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Assist with research and projects
- Provide support to the MP and wider team as required
- Horizon scan to identify opportunities to pursue topics of local importance and to progress priority campaigns
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload, with an eye for detail
- A positive can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and be part of the team
- Competent use of IT
- Understanding of the issues affecting the Central Suffolk and North Ipswich constituency
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability to communicate complex policy clearly
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
The role can be full time or part time (min 25 hours per week), with an opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary within IPSA pay scales £24,688-£36,087
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.