Anthony Mangnall, MP for Totnes, is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Assistant to be part of his team based in Westminster. This is a maternity leave cover position, on a fixed-term contract, ideally from mid-August until April 2024. Part-time/flexible hours available.
Previous experience working for an MP, and using Caseworker.MP software, is essential.
The role will include drafting correspondence, researching policy on both local and national enquiries, including campaign issues and assisting with other tasks in the office as needed. An understanding of current affairs, and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability to communicate complex policy clearly
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Draft press and social media posts and support wider the communications objectives via the website, mass mailing, newsletters and social media
- Assist with research and projects
- Attend parliamentary events as required
- Provide support to the MP as required
- Horizon scan to identify opportunities to pursue topics of local importance and to progress priority campaigns