Selaine Saxby MP is looking to recruit a full time Parliamentary Assistant to join her team in Westminster. The ideal candidate will be enthuastic and committed to support Selaine in her Parliamentary role.
The position would suit a candidate who has an understanding of Parliamentary proceedings, excellent written and verbal skills, can manage competing priorities efficiently and calmly, is competent and confident acting on their own initiative, as well as being a strong team-player.
- A broad knowledge of Parliamentary protocol and procedures
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- Strong IT skills, experience managing social media accounts and able to produce graphics and simple video editing/subtitling
- An interest in current affairs, national politics and sympathy with Conservative Party values
Duties will include:
- Supporting the MP in her role as Chair of 4 APPGs: Broadband and Digital Connectivity; Cycling and Walking; Celtic Sea and Wood Panels – including working with secretariat and associated administration
- Drafting and submitting Parliamentary Questions, including follow up and posting on website/social media
- Drafting responses to constituents on policy related casework
- Research for debates, Select Committee (Work and Pensions) as well as APPGs and associated articles
- Supporting MP’s other policy interests: environment and levelling up
- Managing social media accounts, including simple video editing and subtitling
You must have the right to work and live in the UK at the point of your application, and you must have lived in the UK for three of the last five years. Proof will be required at interview stage.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.