Andrew Lewer, MP for Northampton South, is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Assistant to be part of his Parliamentary team, based in Westminster. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Northampton South.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, willingness to roll up their sleeves and support the team and be confident in acting on their own initiative and working independently.
The role will include drafting correspondence, researching policy on both local and national enquiries, including campaign issues and assisting with all aspects of communication. An understanding of current affairs, and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
This is not a graduate entry role; some prior experience working in or around Westminster is required.
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability to communicate complex policy clearly
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Draft press and social media posts and support wider the communications objectives via the website, mass mailing, newsletters and social media
- Assist with research and projects
- Attend parliamentary events as required
- Provide support to the Office Manager as required
- Horizon scan to identify opportunities to pursue topics of local importance and to progress priority campaigns