Sir Geoffrey Cox QC MP is looking to recruit an Executive Assistant to join his team, based predominantly in Tavistock, to support him with his work on behalf of the constituents of Torridge and West Devon.
This is a key role in Sir Geoffrey’s Parliamentary team. The postholder will have responsibility for a busy constituency diary and will assist with local meetings, surgeries and events, as well as assisting with correspondence and projects as required.
The successful candidate will provide a range of administrative and secretarial support to Sir Geoffrey, always thinking one step ahead to ensure he is prepared for upcoming engagements. You will support Sir Geoffrey with his Parliamentary duties, and provide support in drafting correspondence and documents as needed.
This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with local stakeholders, constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
- Exceptional organisational skills and experience managing a busy diary
- You will need excellent written skills, and an ability to draft letters, emails and documents for the MP, using a high standard of English
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- Able to horizon scan and identify opportunities and risks
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a small team
- An interest in current affairs, local and national politics
• Competitive salary within IPSA pay-scales £23,397.00 – £34,071.00 per year
• Generous employer contribution pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
This is ideally a full-time role, Monday – Friday 9-5.30pm, on an initial 6-month contract with a view to being made permanent. The successful candidate will be based in the West Devon area and able to work at least three days a week in the Tavistock office.