Alicia Kearns MP is seeking an individual with buckets of ideas, enthusiasm, drive and who works well independently to assist her with local campaigns, constituent engagement and special projects.
The successful applicant should care deeply for the local communities in Rutland and Melton and have a positive and upbeat attitude, someone happy to muck in and take the responsibility for delivering projects. We are looking for a person with the determination and attention to detail to see projects through from start to finish.
The successful applicant will work in Alicia’s constituency office in Oakham, Rutland, working with and learning from the team, and developing their skills in supporting residents of Rutland and Melton. The previous intern has been promoted into a permanent role.
• Deliver Constituency Engagement projects.
• Assist with research on local issues.
• Assist in responding to casework from residents and helping casework team draft replies on key issues as requested.
• Assist with office admin, media monitoring, and support.
• Any other duties as requested.
The role would suit a highly organised individual with the ability to work independently, show initiative and work well as part of a wider team. Good organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks is key.
Key skills required include:
• Strong organisational/administrative skills with good attention to detail
• Good general IT skills and competence with Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a small team
• Good understanding of local issues in Rutland and Melton, and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, big and small.
• A positive can-do attitude, with a proactive attitude.
• Strong writing abilities, in a variety of registers.
Please note, it is expected that some travel to London will be required. Any travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
Length of Contract: Fixed Term: ASAP – June
Upon appointment you will be required to apply for security clearance, undertaken by the Security Vetting and Pass Office. See Members’ Staff Security Clearance page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.