Kemi Badenoch MP is looking to recruit a part-time Constituency Support Officer to join her team, predominantly from Westminster, but some travel to the constituency will be required. This is an entry level Parliamentary position, working for Kemi in her role as MP for Saffron Walden, and would suit a candidate looking for work alongside post-graduate studies or similar.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, willingness to roll up their sleeves and support the team and be confident in acting on their own initiative and working independently.
The role will include supporting constituency engagement, drafting correspondence and handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries. An understanding of current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
• A genuine interest in helping constituents
• Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail, and an ability tocommunicate well with others
• Able to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
• An interest in current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• The ability to work with sensitivity, discretion and with strict adherence to data protection legislation
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Assist with planning for constituency activity days and campaigns
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Draft responses to constituents
• Assist with arrangements for surgeries, meetings and events
• Provide administrative support as required
• Monitor local media coverage and monitor opportunities for local engagement
Part time: Ideally three days a week, including Friday.
Contract: Fixed term contract