Sir Geoffrey Cox QC MP is looking to recruit a Constituency Support Manager to join his team, based predominantly in Tavistock, to support him with his work on behalf of the constituents of Torridge and West Devon.
The postholder will have responsibility for Sir Geoffrey’s busy constituency diary and will assist with local meetings, surgeries and events, as well as undertaking a portfolio of casework and projects as required.
This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with local stakeholders, constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Researching local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work
- Managing a large portfolio of casework, following up enquiries and progressing constituent’s concerns as required
- Engaging with constituents’ face to face, over the telephone and in writing
- Assisting with surgeries, local meetings and events
- Managing and developing the external communication presence of the MP’s office, through local press and social media
- Ensuring the MP is fully briefed on key issues and trends locally
- Exceptional organisational skills and experience managing a busy diary
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- Able to horizon scan and identify opportunities and risks
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a small team
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- An interest in current affairs, local and national politics
• Competitive salary within IPSA pay-scales £28,311 – £41,593
• Generous employer contribution pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
This is a full-time role, Monday – Friday 9-5.30pm, on an initial 6-month contract with a view to being made permanent. The successful candidate will be based in the West Devon area and able to work at least three days a week in the Tavistock office.