Katherine Fletcher MP is looking to recruit for a new post of Communications and Campaigns Officer in her busy constituency office in Leyland, who will develop and drive communications activity and content creation. The successful applicant will undertake media and press activities, create content, as well as assist with wider communications.
We are looking for someone who is creative, has strong initiative, is proactive and wanting to make their mark. The role would suit a strong communicator who is able to work accurately to deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
Good political judgement is required and initiative to drive the development of new projects and campaigns.
They will work with other members of the team to ensure that a steady flow of media and social output is progressed and must be trustworthy, reliable and able to work independently. Candidates should also have an overall sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party, and an understanding of the issues affecting the South Ribble constituency.
There may be occasional work outside normal working hours.
This role is full-time based in Leyland, but flexible or part time possibilities for the right candidate.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Produce press releases, assist in liaising with the media and meeting required deadlines
- Identifying policy areas and campaigns that fit with the MPs priorities
- Creating communications plans to accompany campaigns and events
- Produce online graphics and video content across all the MP’s campaigns
- Manage social media channels and engage with constituents
- Monitor media coverage and social media channels
- Updating and managing the website
- Dealing with queries from members of the public
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Excellent and articulate written communication skills
- Managing social media content to a high quality
- A creative approach to content creation
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Ability to plan ahead and also react to events
- Excellent communication skill with people from all types of background face to face, over digital mediums and in writing
- High levels of competency with Adobe suite, Canva and Microsoft office or equivalent systems.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further information