Chloe Smith MP is looking to recruit an experienced full-time Chief of Staff to join her team, on a maternity leave cover basis for approximately four months. (Westminster or Norwich based)
You will work closely with Chloe to deliver her priorities for her constituents and will be involved in all aspects of Parliamentary life, including responsibility for coordinating the team’s busy workload.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, confident in acting on their own initiative, comfortable leading the team, able to prioritise a busy workload, and able to demonstrate good political nous.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Run Chloe’s Parliamentary office – provide high quality, efficient and effective support.
- Deal with security matters, keep abreast of security guidance, maintain the security system, and liaise with external bodies as appropriate.
- Maintain relationships and act as the key point of contact for stakeholders.
- Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
- Undertake research and analyse data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Parliamentary business including bills, legislation and debates.
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on debates, potential questions and motions to be put to the House
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Oversee all communications and media output
- Oversee constituency correspondence system and manage complex casework
- Supervise the office team, including overseeing training and development
- Administrative management for IPSA/RMFI processes and systems
- Oversee budgets and relevant financial matters
- Previous Parliamentary experience; including staff management experience
- Excellent HR and team leadership skills
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a small team
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- An interest in current affairs, local and national politics