David Warburton MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker to join his experienced team, working alongside a Senior Caseworker, in a role that can be based in Westminster, or remotely.
The successful candidate will be diligent, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone or email.
- General administrative support.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a team
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Good IT skills, including the use of email, the Internet and Microsoft Office suite.
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
- Competitive salary within IPSA payscales (£21,529-£32,938)
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
The role will be offered on an initial 10-month fixed term contract, with the possibility of a permanent contract on review