Sir Geoffrey Cox KC MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker (or two part-time caseworkers) to be part of his constituency team in Tavistock, Devon. Caseworkers are an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Torridge and West Devon.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
• Full, clean driving licence and access to a car is preferred
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
• Managing a caseload of cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
• Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
• Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Researching local, regional, and national issues to support the MPs work
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
• Competitive salary within IPSA payscales £21,529-£34,599
• Generous employer contribution pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
Role is on an initial 6-month contract with a view to being made permanent. The role is based in the Tavistock constituency office, and the successful candidate will be ideally based in the West Devon area.