Suzanne Webb MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker/Communications Officer, to be part of her constituency team in Stourbridge. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people in and around Stourbridge.
Position is ideally 4 days per week, but flexibility exists for a 3 or 5 day week.
You will also have responsibility for helping to ensure Suzanne’s work is being reported to constituents and will develop and drive communications activity and content creation.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills. The role is demanding and dynamic, and requires a flexible, can-do attitude. Suzanne’s team work closely together and there will sometimes be the need to club together on significant tasks and events at short notice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with large numbers of standard queries from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Drafting responses to constituents on personal and policy-based issues.
- Assisting with constituency casework projects and non-political campaigns.
- Undertaking administrative tasks when required, such as updating contacts, spreadsheets and mail merges.
- Helping to monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Producing online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts.
- Assisting with the production of newsletters, constituency updates and topical reports.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience of casework in a public facing role or working with the public is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants will be highly organised and capable of juggling multiple priorities as well as reacting at short notice.
- Good knowledge of relevant IT software, including Microsoft Office and video/photo editing software such as Canva.
- Experience of producing graphics and videos for social media is desirable, with a creative approach to content creation
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- One-year fixed term contract, with possibility of extension
- Salary in line with IPSA pay scales £21,529-£32,983, dependent on experience
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Initial 25 days annual leave potentially with further increases dependent upon length of service
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
There is a requirement upon appointment to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO
An offer of employment will be conditional upon provision of two satisfactory references.