Nickie Aiken MP is looking to recruit an experienced full-time Senior Parliamentary Assistant to join her team, representing a unique Central London constituency. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with sound political judgement and excellent attention to detail.
The position would suit a candidate with seeking the next step in their career in Parliament, who can manage competing priorities efficiently and calmly; is competent and confident acting on their own initiative, as well as being a strong team-player.
- At least 2 years previous experience of working in the House and good knowledge of Parliamentary protocol and procedures
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Confident to represent the MP when required at meetings with senior stakeholders
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with Conservative Party values
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Undertake research and analyse data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues.
- Provide high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP and interest groups as required
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Parliamentary business including bills, legislation and debates.
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on debates, potential questions and motions to be put to the House
- Provide briefings, draft questions and speeches.
- Give advice on policy issues.
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Supervise and support the training and development of other members of staff
To apply, please send CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 31st March 2021
Interview date: Ongoing
This position may be filled before the closing date
Salary: In the region of £40,000 per annum
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.