Nickie Aiken MP (Cities of London and Westminster) is looking to recruit an experienced, part-time, Senior Caseworker to join her Parliamentary team.
The successful candidate will have previous Parliamentary Caseworker experience, and will work with other members of the team to ensure that casework is progressed appropriately on behalf of the Member and will offer advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues.
• Taking initial action on queries from constituents, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate
• Gathering relevant information to resolve or progress cases
• Ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Management of complex cases
• Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
The ideal candidate will:
• Be personable and able to work as part of a small team.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have a genuine interest, and experience of, helping and supporting vulnerable people.
• Be well organised with the ability to manage significant workload, working to tight timescales.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Have the ability to work efficiently under pressure with competing priorities.
Although not a political appointment, candidates should have an overall sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Hours to be discussed (around 22.5 per week). Salary in-line with IPSA pay scales (higher end of Senior Caseworker band).
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 31st March 2021
Interviews on a rolling basis.