Alicia Kearns MP is looking to recruit an experienced Office Manager to cover maternity leave from January until end August 2021. Ideally, the right candidate will have recent experience in a similar role working for an MP.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills and able to quickly establish themselves as part of the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide a range of secretarial and administrative support
- Monitoring the main inbox and triage emails accordingly
- Strategic oversight of office management, delegating tasks and overseeing administrative systems
- Responsibility for all aspects of the office budget
- Overall management of the MP’s diary commitments in the constituency
- Assisting with casework when required
- Supervising casework team and providing support as needed
- Experience working within a parliamentary office
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Experience of managing a budget and engaging with IPSA
- Able to work to collaboratively and remotely with the MP, her team and local stakeholders.
Closing Date: 21st December 2020
Interview Dates: Interviews to take place ASAP and an appointment may be made ahead of the closing date.
Application Details Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, marked as ‘Office Manager to Alicia Kearns MP’
Salary: Within IPSA ranges ‘£30,000-£45,552’
Start date: ASAP
Location: Based remotely, or in the constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines
Applications sent directly to the MP will not be considered.