Shaun Bailey MP is looking to recruit an experienced full-time Office Manager to join his team in West Bromwich West. This demanding role, in a busy public facing office, would suit someone driven to make real impact for the people of West Bromwich West.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, comfortable leading the team, able to prioritise a busy workload, and able to demonstrate good political nous.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Lead and maintain a highly professional administrative support function for the MP’s office
- Supervise and manage the office team, including overseeing training and development
- Manage budgets, keep MP informed of all relevant financial matters, and liaise with IPSA
- Plan the MP’s internal communications and external stakeholder engagement and provide strategic advice on constituent matters on behalf of the MP
- Liaise with supplies when required regarding office supplies and security
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, organisations in the constituency and constituents through a variety of methods
- Take ownership of certain casework
- Manage and monitor incoming calls, face to face enquiries, emails and social media enquiries
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Deal with security matters, keep abreast of security guidance, maintain the security system, liaise with external bodies as appropriate
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours
- A genuine interest in helping constituent
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to complete work quickly, to a high standard, often under pressure
- An interest in current affairs, local and national politics and sympathy with Conservative Party value
- Previous experience as IPSA Proxy would be desirable, but training available for the right candidate
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.