Amanda Solloway MP is looking to recruit a proactive and experienced Office Manager to be based in her constituency office in Chaddesden, Derby. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Derby North.
The role will involve senior stakeholder engagement in Derby North and nationally, and you will work closely with Amanda and her team to deliver her priorities for her constituents. You will have the chance to be involved in all aspects of Parliamentary life, with the responsibility of overseeing the constituency team’s busy workload, and maintaining the constituency office.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, able to supervise and motivate a team, confident in acting on their own initiative and able to prioritise a busy workload. A willingness to work across other roles within the office when needed and able to identify and ease pressures within the team.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Provide high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP
- Lead a highly professional administrative support function for the MP’s office
- Supervise the office team, including overseeing training and development
- Oversee budgets, manage business costs via IPSA Online and keep MP informed of all relevant financial matters
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, organisations in the constituency and constituents through a variety of methods
- Take ownership of certain casework
- Monitor incoming calls, face to face enquiries, emails and social media enquiries
- Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
- A genuine interest in helping constituents
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a small team
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Experience managing an office and associated finances, particularly in a regulated environment
Salary will be in line with IPSA pay ranges and expected to be around £30,000; dependant on the experience already gained by the successful candidate. Requests for part-time hours or flexible working will be considered.
You must have the right to work and live in the UK at the point of your application, and you must have lived in the UK for three of the last five years. Proof will be required at interview stage.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.