Katherine Fletcher, MP for South Ribble is looking to hire a Constituency Support Officer, full or part time, for her busy constituency office in Leyland. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have excellent attention to detail.
Working in a busy office as part of a team, the successful candidate will be supporting Katherine in her work with local residents across the constituency of South Ribble.
The role will include:
- Maintaining the MPs constituency diary to a high standard
- Attending meetings and visits with the MP
- Planning for and assisting at MP surgeries
- Administration and office support
Key skills required include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, people at all levels.
- Excellent use of IT including Microsoft Outlook
- Prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and with an eye for detail
- Deal with issues in a confidential manner
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, or face to face.
- Good with people and a team player
- Driver, with own car and clean licence
Applicants for Full or Part time accepted
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.