Fay Jones MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker (ideally 3 days per week) to be part of her constituency team, based in Llandrindod Wells. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Brecon and Radnorshire.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
- Full, clean driving licence and access to a car preferred
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
- Managing a large caseload of complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
- Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Accompanying the MP on constituency visits and meetings
- Researching local, regional, and national issues to support the MPs work
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
- Competitive salary within IPSA pay scales £21,529-£34,599
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.