Rt Hon Philip Dunne MP is looking to recruit a full time temporary Parliamentary Caseworker for six months to be part of the team working for Ludlow. Caseworkers are an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency, experience of working in a public facing role & be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
Position is either Westminster or Ludlow office, not remote.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
- Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, housing associations Developing and maintaining good up-to-date knowledge of upcoming Parliamentary business and its potential impact on the constituency.