Peter Aldous MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker to be part of his constituency team in Lowestoft. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Waveney.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with general queries from members of the public
- Drafting correspondence and ensuring cases are dealt with promptly
- Maintaining records and observing confidentiality in accordance with data protection legislation
- Attend surgeries, which often take place on a Saturday with time off in lieu
- Administrative tasks as may be required
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Applicants should be organised and able to work flexibly and independently
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other basic admin programmes
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- Salary in line with IPSA pay scales £21,529-£32,983
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Initial 25 days annual leave potentially with further increases dependent upon length of service
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
There is a requirement upon appointment to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO
An offer of employment will be conditional upon provision of two satisfactory references.