Jonathan Djanogly MP is looking to recruit a part-time Caseworker to be part of the team for Huntingdon. Applicants should have or be able to develop swiftly an awareness of the constituency, experience of working in a public facing role & be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
• Familiarity with Caseworker system an advantage
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
• Logging cases on Caseworker system, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
• Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, housing associations and others to resolve constituency matters
• Developing and maintaining good up-to-date knowledge of upcoming Parliamentary business and its potential impact on the constituency.
This is a part-time role (up to 32 hours a week) and can be undertaken remotely.