Caroline Ansell MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker to be part of her constituency team in Eastbourne. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the residents of Eastbourne.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be confident interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people. The successful candidate will quickly establish themselves as an integral part of a friendly and professional team and opportunities to develop skills and the role will be encouraged and supported.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
- Good IT skills and an understanding of Microsoft, Outlook and able to access online resources
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
- Managing a caseload of cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
- Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Researching local, regional, and national issues to support the MPs work
- Providing general administrative support
- Accompany the MP on some constituency visits and surgeries
- Working with volunteers
- Competitive salary within IPSA payscales £21,529-£34,599
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising to 25 at the start of the next calendar year
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
There is a requirement upon appointment to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO
An offer of employment will be conditional upon provision of two satisfactory references.