Andrew Lewer, MP for Northampton South, is looking to recruit a Caseworker to be part of his Parliamentary team, based in Westminster. Caseworkers have an important role in an MP’s office, ensuring constituents concerns are heard and action. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Northampton South.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be confident engaging with members of the public. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative Party.
- Experience of casework, a public-facing role or working directly with the public is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people.
- Clear and concise letter writing style.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
- Managing cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media, or face to face
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with regulations
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately
- Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, and others to resolve constituency matters
- Researching local, regional, and national issues to support the MP’s work
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation