Theo Clarke MP is looking to recruit an Administrative Officer to be part of her Parliamentary team. This is a full time role based in Westminster and would suit an applicant with some experience already gained in Parliament.
Parliamentary staff play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Stafford.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of working in an MP’s office, or around Westminster, is essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Overview of day-to-day operations of the office and the team
• Inbox triage
• MPs diary management
• IPSA administration
• Respond to enquiries by telephone, email, and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate.
• Responsibility for editing and managing the MP’s website
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation.
• Ensure that enquiries are dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Accompanying the MP on constituency visits and meetings
• Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries.
• Salary in line with IPSA payscales
• Generous employer contribution pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
You must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years out of the last 5 years, and able to supply proof of your right to work in the UK.