Katherine Fletcher MP is looking to recruit an Administrative Officer to be part of her constituency team. This is a full or part time role (flexible depending on candidate) based in the constituency office in Leyland.
Parliamentary staff play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of South Ribble.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Respond to enquiries by telephone, email, and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate.
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation.
• Ensure that enquiries are dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Accompanying the MP on constituency visits and meetings
• Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
• Salary in line with IPSA payscales, starting at £19,305
• Generous employer contribution pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme