David Warburton MP is looking to recruit an Administrative Officer to join his experienced team, based in Westminster.
This is an entry-level role, and the successful candidate will be well organised, have high attention to detail, and can be flexible and creative when it comes to managing a demanding workload.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing a range of secretarial and administrative support
- Open, handle and action emails and post
- Diary management
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
- Engaging professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
- Responding to enquiries by telephone, e-mail and social media, passing on queries to other team members as appropriate
- Ensuring records are kept, and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR
- A highly motivated staff member with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a team
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload with an eye for detail with a can-do attitude
- Organise and present information in a simple and sensible way
- Good IT skills, including the use of email, the internet and Microsoft Office suite.
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Competitive salary within IPSA payscales (£22,402-£32,127)
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
The role will be offered on an initial 10-month fixed-term contract, with the possibility of a permanent contract on review