Dr Dan Poulter, MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich, is looking to engage a new team member who will be a strong communicator, have excellent written skills, with a high attention to detail, and can be flexible and creative when it comes to managing a varied workload.
The role will include producing content for the website social media and developing effective communication and campaign strategies. It would suit a proactive candidate with a lot of drive and initiative who can hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will work closely with Dr Poulter and his team and have access to all the induction and training opportunities available to Parliamentary staff.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload, with an eye for detail
- A positive can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and be part of the team
- Deal with issues in a confidential manner
- Competent use of IT
- Understanding of the issues affecting the Central Suffolk and North Ipswich constituency.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assist the Chief of Staff to provide a range of secretarial and administrative support
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and drafting correspondence
- Assist in the updating of the website, including creating content and editing graphics and videos
- Assisting with constituency events & visits
- Project and campaign work as required
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, local and national stakeholders, APPGs and interest groups
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR
It is envisaged that the role would be for 25-30 hours per week, dependent on experience and salary expectations