Andrea is looking for a dynamic, professional and positive Administration and Communications Officer to work in her constituency office in Morley, Leeds.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the compilation of briefing packs;
- Assist in the updating of social media on request;
- Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required;
- Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases;
- Diary Management;
- Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation;
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods;
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries;
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security;
- Minute taking;
- Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries;
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence;
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, e mail and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate;
- Any other duties the member sees fit
Applicants should have the following skills and qualities:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload and key attention for detail;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Strong IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office Packages;
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
You must have the right to work and live in the UK at the point of your application, and you must have lived in the UK for three of the last five years. Proof will be required at interview stage.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.