Alicia Kearns, MP for Rutland and Melton, is looking to hire a new member of staff based in her office in Melton, who will be amazingly well organised, have a can-do attitude, high attention to detail, and can be flexible and creative when it comes to managing a demanding workload.
Previous employment working for an MP or in government / politics is not expected. A positive attitude, willingness to roll up your sleeves and being someone who loves helping others, and cares about our community will make you a perfect fit for our tight-knit and friendly team and is more important than previous experience.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Responding to enquiries from the public by telephone, letter and e-mail and passing on queries to other team members as appropriate
- Providing a range of secretarial and administrative support to enable effective delivery of support to the public
- Organising constituency events & visits
- Working with the Senior Caseworker to manage queries from members of the public from start to successfully resolving them and support constituents by meeting with them to offer advice and guidance
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Prioritise a demanding workload with an eye for detail with a can-do attitude
- Organise and present information in a simple and sensible way
- Write in an empathetic way
- Engage with members of the public professionally, confidentially, and with care and integrity.
- Competent in use of IT
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29th October 2021, but early applications welcome, with interviews commencing from 20th October
Interview/Start Dates: Looking to appoint the right candidate ASAP
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Application Details: Please send your CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a specific cover letter will not be reviewed. In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Administrative Officer for Alicia Kearns MP’