Shaun Bailey, MP for West Bromwich West, is looking to hire a full-time caseworker for his busy constituency office. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that issues constituents face are heard and actioned.
The job is taking the concerns of residents to Ministers or Government bodies and ensuring that residents secure the support and outcomes they need and deserve. Enjoying working with others and supporting individuals and groups is vital.
The role will also support Shaun to run surgeries with local residents and events across the constituency of West Bromwich West.
- A highly motivated staff member to learn the role of caseworker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, people at all levels.
- Experience working for the Citizens’ Advice Bureau or similar, is very welcome.
- Prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and with an eye for detail
- Deal with issues in a confidential manner
- Good with people and a team player
- Competent use of IT
Salary will be in line with IPSA scales
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Constituency Caseworker for Shaun Bailey MP’