Location: Clwyd South Constituency Office (Ruabon)
Salary: IPSA Payscale, starting: £21,529
Simon Baynes, MP for Clwyd South, is recruiting for a Constituency Caseworker.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in the front line of a constituency office dealing daily with calls and visits from constituents, and learning to run a casework load efficiently in conjunction with Simon’s team.
The role is full time (40 hours) based in the constituency office in Ruabon.
You will be the first point of contact for members of the public, managing a varied caseload and forming good working relationships with local government representatives and other key stakeholders in order to meet the needs of constituents.
You will need to be a team player, highly organised and using initiative to prioritise your workload, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to deal with problems sensitively. IT skills are essential, although training on casework software will be provided.
Previous experience of casework is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
The role will include:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public.
- Attending constituency surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Drafting responses to constituents and keeping them updated with case progress.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
- Occasional research and briefings on issues of local concern.
The above is a non-exhaustive list and will depend on the successful candidate’s experience and areas of interest.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.
Salary in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26th July 2021
Interviews: 4th August 2021
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Caseworker Application for Simon Baynes MP’
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org