Jack Lopresti MP is recruiting a full time Communications Manager to support his work in the constituency of Filton and Bradley Stoke. This is an exciting opportunity to be in the front line of a constituency office dealing daily with managing and motivating the team, communications across two offices, speaking to and corresponding with constituents, and creating a strong base of efficiency and support.
The role is full time (40 hours) over 5 days (includes Saturdays, and some Sundays) based in the Filton and Bradley Stoke constituency.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing and motivating a team and demonstrate excellent written, verbal and IT skills, with an ability to deal with problems sensitively. You will need to be a team player, highly organised and experienced at using initiative to prioritise your workload.
Your role will cover all aspects of communications including, but not limited to:
– Managing and motivating the team
– Ensuring consistency of communications strategy across the offices
– Media, social media and internal comms
– Supporting the MP with weekend surgeries and visits
– Preparing briefings for the MP and managing projects
– Management and communications skills are paramount; political knowledge and experience not essential but must possess a strong willingness to learn.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.
Salary in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30th July 2021
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Communications Manager Application for Jack Lopresti MP’
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org